Research Fellow (DesCartes – WP1)
Job offer posted on 11 march 2022
The DesCartes programme is developing a hybrid AI, combining Learning, Knowledge and Reasoning, which has good properties (need for less resources and data, security, robustness, fairness, respect for privacy, ethics), and demonstrated on industrial applications of the smart city (digital energy, monitoring of structures, air traffic control).
The program brings together 80 permanent researchers (half from France, half from Singapore), with the support of large industrial groups (Thales SG, EDF SG, ESI group, CETIM Matcor, ARIA etc.).
The research will take place mainly in Singapore, at the premises of CNRS@CREATE, with a competitive salary and generous funding for missions.
Read more about the DesCartes program here.
In order to provide decision-making capabilities for next generation urban systems, we need to have confidence in the decisions taken by the AI systems. One of DesCartes aim is to build core capabilities to establish and enhance confidence in the AI systems. The higher assurance or confidence in AI technologies will come from formal verification and automated repair of AI systems to satisfy crucial hyper-properties such as robustness or fairness.
Broader notion of a hybrid AI system will be developed with machine learning models co-operating with a software system and/or physical model, giving us greater flexibility in architecting technical solutions for verification and repair, that will be demonstrated on concrete cyber physical systems.
WP1 is looking for a Research Fellow in Formal Methods to develop verification framework and tools for AI systems, e.g. Neural Networks. The objective is to provide different guarantees about
these AI systems, focusing on using physics knowledge to improve the methods and guarantees provided.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
– PhD defended in Computer Science (or at least thesis submitted)
– Background and research experience in Formal Methods.
– Experience on programming environment.
– Research experience in Cyber-Physical Systems (CPS).
Salary Range: S$6,000-7,200 (depending on suitability and experience)
Workplace Address: CREATE Tower, 1 Create Way #08-01 Singapore 138602
FURTHER INFORMATION & CONTACT
– Interested applicants please send your resume to Kuldeep S Meel (Prof) – email@example.com, Blaise Genest (Prof) – firstname.lastname@example.org and Abhik Roychoudhury (Prof) – email@example.com.
– Please attach your full CV, with the names and contacts (including email addresses) of two character referees.