Research Engineer – Biophysical Cell Analysis and Sorting Instrumentation
The team is seeking a research engineer in the area of microfluidic engineering and instrumentation development for cell-based biological analysis and sorting. Under the co-supervision of Prof. Jongyoon Han (MIT / SMART), Prof. Ye Ai (SUTD), Prof. Quan Liu (NTU) and Prof. Sing Yian Chew (NTU), the successful candidate will be building the novel microfluidic devices for quantifying the critical quality attributes (CQAs) of neural stem cells and their progenitors / differentiated cell products. He / She will also apply various cell sorting technologies specifically for neural stem / progenitor cells, for the purpose of aiding and enabling downstream tissue engineering and preclinical study, working with other team members.
The primary job description includes:
- Design and develop a prototype to analyse the electrical signals from chip.
- Characterise and optimise the algorithm for signal data processing for real-time cell analysis.
Develop a user-interface platform for end-user testing of clinical samples.
Diploma in Bioengineering or relevant Engineering field with 2 years related work experience (Microfluidics / Biomedical Engineering)
The role requires experience and competencies in one or more of the following areas:
- Matlab and/or Python proficiency for data processing
- PCB designing and/or microprocessor programming (ARM)
- Rapid Prototyping (3D printing, Raspberry Pi, FPGA)
- Electrode patterning and cleanroom fabrication techniques
- Microfluidic design and fabrication
You will also be working with Scientists, Clinicians and Engineers to develop the bench-to-bedside prototype and we are interested to hire an applicant who is:
- Good team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Keen in learning new skills and knowledge in multidisciplinary fields of engineering and medicine
An eye for detail and a high level of initiative
Starting salaries will depend on candidate’s qualification and experience. Candidates are expected to start Oct 2020. Review of applicants will continue until positions are filled.
Applicants should submit a cover letter indicating their area of interest and how they intend to participate and contribute to the research, complete curriculum vitae and addresses of three references in a single PDF document to:
- Prof. Jongyoon Han (email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Prof. Sing Yian CHEW (email: email@example.com)
- Please add CNRS@CREATE in Cc firstname.lastname@example.org
Read the job offer on mycareersfuture.sg