Research Fellow in Augmented Hybrid Engineering: Certified Hybrid Twins
Job offer posted on 13 July 2022
DesCartes Program (Work Package 8) is looking for a Research Fellow in Hybrid Twin Synthesis: certification and validation of hybrid twins
The DesCartes programme is developing a hybrid AI, combining Learning, Knowledge and Reasoning, which has good properties (need for less resources and data, security, robustness, fairness, respect for privacy, ethics), and demonstrated on industrial applications of the smart city (digital energy, monitoring of structures, air traffic control).
The program brings together 80 permanent researchers (half from France, half from Singapore), with the support of large industrial groups (Thales SG, EDF SG, ESI group, CETIM Matcor, ARIA etc.).
The research will take place mainly in Singapore, at the premises of CNRS@CREATE, with a competitive salary and generous funding for missions.
Read more about the DesCartes program here.
WP8 Augmented Hybrid Engineering
- Scalable and fast decision making, from sensor management to real-time predictions and robust control
- Practical implementation, managing complexity, uncertainty and technical constraints
- Pure model-based or data-based approaches cannot lead to robust and explainable decisions
- Nonlinear behavior and component interactions are hard to predict in complex system-of-systems
- Sensor placement combined with data fusion
- Hybrid twin synthesis with faster than real-time predictions
- Correct-by-design robust control and resource efficient h/w deployments at the edge
Develop and implement some strategies for the certification and validation of hybrid twins (hybrid AI models). This will particularly consist in uncertainty quantification, the and design of confidence maps for reliable/explainable prediction and control.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
Competences in some of the domains listed below will be highly considered:
- Applied mathematics
- Physical modeling & Simulation-based engineering
- Certification and validation
- Machine learning
- Numerical Simulation
FURTHER INFORMATION & CONTACT
RF Salary range: 6000 to 7200 SGD (depending on suitability and experience)
Workplace address: CREATE Campus, CREATE Tower, 1 Create Way #08-01 Singapore 138602
Interested applicants please send your resume to:
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
– Please attach your full CV, with the names and contacts (including email addresses) of two character referees.