Research Fellow in Power System Optimization for Voltage Control
CNRS@CREATE, located in Singapore, invites applications for a position as Research Fellow (postdoctoral researcher) in Power System Optimization for Voltage Control. The research fellow will be hired by CNRS@CREATE and based in Singapore. Singapore is globally recognized for the excellence of its research, education, innovation. We offer a challenging job which is part of an integrative project, in order to develop a Distributed Energy Resources Management System (DERMS). The project involves the Grenoble Electrical Engineering Laboratory (G2ELab) on the French side and the Energy Research Institute at NTU (ERI@N) in Singapore along with Singapore Power (SP), the distribution grid operator in Singapore.
The objective of the DERMS project is to develop a platform for the operation of distribution networks with a high penetration of distributed resources (photovoltaic, storage systems, electric mobility, etc), with the distribution grid at NTU considered as a testbed.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND MAIN TASKS
The DERMS teams are looking for a Research Fellow in Power System Optimization for Voltage Control. The successful candidate will be in charge of developing and comparing different strategies for the distribution grid voltage control in a DER rich environment (e.g. centralized, decentralized, distributed architectures). The candidate will work closely with the forecast team that will provide some of the problem inputs. The different methods will be discriminated in terms of precisions, complexity and computational effort with a specific attention attached to the fair participation of all the DER for an optimal valorisation of the flexibilities.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Applicants should hold a PhD and have an established publication record in a relevant field – Electrical Engineering or Computer Science with expertise in power systems analysis and optimization
- DER modelling and operation – photovoltaic panels, storage systems, electrical vehicles.
- Experience in optimization under uncertainties characterization – robust optimization, interval, scenario-based stochastic optimization, chance constraints.
- Knowledge in theory of distributed optimization methods – mathematical decomposition, sub gradient methods, consensus schemes
- Simulation/modelling and development tools – Matlab, Python, Java, C, etc; Constrained optimization and Mathematical Language Programming and experience in optimization solvers would be a plus – GAMS, Julia, YALMIP, CPLEX, GUROBI, GLPK, among others
- Power System Analysis for distribution networks – load flow, contingency mitigation, losses reduction, voltage profiles optimization, grid reconfiguration, MV/LV network modelling
- Experience in co-simulation with power analysis tools would be appreciated – ETAP, PowerFactory, Open DSS, GridLabD, among others
- Strong analytical and communication skills, ability to present clearly and concisely
- Ability to work in an international environment, learn from experienced researchers and transfer knowledge
SALARY AND APPOINTMENT TERMS
The appointment will be based on the agreement with the CNRS@CREATE. We offer competitive salary and the period of employment can be up to 3 years. Expected starting date 1st of Dec. 2020, to be modulated according to Covid constraints.
Salary: gross monthly salary will be minimum s$5000 (12 monthly wages per year) depending on experience.
Bonus: up to 1 month, (conditionally)
Benefits: as a full-time employee, you will be eligible for the benefits that CNRS@CREATE offers.
FURTHER INFORMATION & CONTACT
Further information may be obtained from Dr. Rémy Rigo-Mariani, (CNRS) and Anne Soizic Ranchere (NTU):
- please add CNRS@CREATE in Cc. firstname.lastname@example.org
Read the job offer on mycareersfuture.sg