Research Associate / Engineer in Energy Systems and Buildings (Int2MEC)
Job offer posted on 17 November 2022
The INTelligent Multi-Energy Communities for enhanced distributed resources INTegration in (INT2MEC) is looking for a Research Associate / Engineer in Energy Systems and Buildings.
Multi-Energy Communities (MEC) consist of aggregations of several buildings, owned and managed by different stakeholders. MECs can range from kW to MW scale depending on the considered geographic area – university campus, residential neighbourhood or district. Traditionally, buildings equipped with locally distributed energy resources such as photovoltaics and storage systems are managed according to their electricity and cooling needs using cost-driven optimization techniques.
The INTelligent Multi-Energy Communities for enhanced distributed resources INTegration in (INT2MEC) is a collaboration funded by National Research Foundation in Singapore. The main collaboration objective is to propose and implement a novel management strategy for MECs will be developed that aims to minimize energy usage while committing to a load/power profile on a look-ahead basis. Such “predictability” of the load curve on the end user side would decrease the need for balancing resources at the power system level and allow greater levels of renewable integration. Decentralized architectures will also be investigated in order to fully uptake the flexibilities from resources distributed among great numbers of buildings.
· Carry out building simulations with dedicated software (EnergyPlus) with available open models for residential and/or commercial use cases.
· Implement Co-simulations with programming tools (Matlab/Python) to interface the building models with the controllers developed by the other partners of the project.
· Extrapolate simplified models from multiple co-simulation scenarios.
· Conduct literature reviews and author scientific reports and articles.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
· MSc or PhD degree in Electrical Engineering or Control Engineering, with an emphasis on Energy Systems.
· Experience in building modelling in EnergyPlus (https://energyplus.net/).
· Experience in the field of power systems research and optimal control would be a plus.
· Experience in programming tools such as MATLAB, or Python.
· Ability to work independently and synthetically present results.
FURTHER INFORMATION & CONTACT
· Duration: 6-10 months.
· Gross Monthly Salary Range (SGD): 5,000 – 7,000
· Localisation : CNRS@CREATE, 1 Create Way #08-01, Singapore 138602
· Contact: Dr Rémy Rigo-Mariani, firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr Arif Ahmed, email@example.com
· Application: Please attach your full CV, with the names and contacts (including email addresses) of two character referees.
Check out this offer on MyCareersFuture website here.