RA in Use Case construction & implementation
Job offer posted on 30 Nov 2022
DesCartes is looking for an RA to propose an optimal use for UAVs.
In particular, we want to develop UAV policies to obtain optimal trajectories taking into account constraints wrt collision risks.
In particular, the RA will establish a methodology to compute optimal combining optimal control and AI.
The DesCartes programme is developing a hybrid AI, combining Learning, Knowledge and Reasoning, which has good properties (need for less resources and data, security, robustness, fairness, respect for privacy, ethics), and demonstrated on industrial applications of the smart city (digital energy, monitoring of structures, air traffic control).
The program brings together 80 permanent researchers (half from France, half from Singapore), with the support of large industrial groups (Thales SG, EDF SG, ESI group, CETIM Matcor, ARIA etc.).
The research will take place mainly in Singapore, at the premises of CNRS@CREATE, with a competitive salary and generous funding for missions.
Read more about the DesCartes program here.
WP9 aims at
- Integrating all the developments performed in the more fundamental WPs about AI algorithms concerning data, learning, optimization and control, as well as the hybridation techniques.
- Demonstrating the Hybrid AI added value, by considering adequate metrics: efficiency, accuracy, volume of data, ability to explain, … on three selected challenging scenarios involving: (i) complex system of systems; (ii) smart sensing; and (iii) transient 3D – multi-physics couplings. The associated demonstrators constructed in collaboration with the DesCartes industrial partners will concern: (i) digital energy and smart grids; (ii) structural health monitoring with sensing deployed in drones; and (iii) optimal trajectory planning for UAV.
- Creating a computational platform, composed of different components (data operators, physics-based models, data-driven model learners, hybrid twins, controllers, …), that like in a Lego, the different components can be assembled to create generic and agnostic applications, with special attention on the interface definition and exchange data-formats.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
Competences in some of the domains listed below will be highly considered:
- Experience on programming environment
- Experience in engineering applications
- Experience in data-collection and data-science
- Artificial Intelligence
- Programming environments
- Cyber-physical systems
- Data mining
- Data communication and management
- Image and signal processing
- Virtual / Augmented reality
- Computing platforms
FURTHER INFORMATION & CONTACT
Salary range: 4500 to 7000 SGD (depending on suitability and experience)
Workplace address: CREATE Campus, CREATE Tower, 1 Create Way #08-01 Singapore 138602
Interested applicants please send your resume to:
Email : Francisco.Chinesta@ensam.eu
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject template for application by email:
DesCartes Program – WP # – Position – Name of the offer
– Please attach your full CV, with the names and contacts (including email addresses) of two character referees.