DesCartes program: Research Associate (WP8)
The DesCartes programme is developing a hybrid AI, combining Learning, Knowledge and Reasoning, which has good properties (need for less resources and data, security, robustness, fairness, respect for privacy, ethics), and demonstrated on industrial applications of the smart city (digital energy, monitoring of structures, air traffic control).
The program brings together 80 permanent researchers (half from France, half from Singapore), with the support of large industrial groups (Thales SG, Edf SG, ESI group, CETIM Matcor, ARIA etc.).
The research will take place mainly in Singapore, at the premises of CNRS@CREATE, with a competitive salary and generous funding for missions.
Read more about the DesCartes program here.
Smart multi-energy systems are a type of critical CPS that require fine-grained control and coordination among a variety of components with multi-dimensional and conflicting objectives such as energy costs, emissions, customer comfort, etc. In this project, we want to explore the use of Hybrid-AI techniques that combine physics-based dynamical models of the multi-energy system (both at the global grid level as well as the local building level), with data-driven models, for predicting energy use and component utilization. These hybrid models can then also be utilized for control and coordination of the components looking at pareto-optimal solutions. The position will involve working with realistic data from smart grid and microgrid testbeds.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
– Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related fields.
– Background and research experience in Machine Learning.
– Familiarity with Python.
– Research experience in deep reinforcement learning.
– Research experience in Cyber-Physical Systems (CPS).
Salary Range: S$4,000-S$6,300 (depending on suitability and experience)
Workplace Address: CREATE Tower, 1 Create Way #08-01 Singapore 138602
FURTHER INFORMATION & CONTACT
– Interested applicants please send your resume to Arvind Easwaran (Prof) – email@example.com and Blaise Genest (Prof) – firstname.lastname@example.org
– Please attach your full CV, with the names and contacts (including email addresses) of two character referees.